About TAP Portugal (TP) Flights
One of the most prestigious airlines in the world- TAP Portugal is the flag carrier airline for Portugal with its headquarters situated at Lisbon. Founded in the year 1945 and having commenced its operations in 1946, it surely has gained the status of being one of the most reputed airlines in Europe. Having won multiple awards over the years from various institutions and being recently awarded as ‘The Best Airline in Europe’ by the reputed Global Traveler magazine, TAP Portugal has a vast network of routes, tailored in-flight menus, exceptional in-flight concierge services and terrific customer support system.
Connectivity and Fleet Size:
TAP Portugal is a Star-alliance member, the largest airline alliance organization, and operates an average of 2500 flights in a week to 76 popular destinations in 29 countries around the globe. Some of the most common destinations for TAP Portugal are: Port, Funchal, Paris, London, Boston, Casablanca and many more. To cater to such a large network of destinations and millions of customers, TAP Portugal, as of now, has a fleet size of 80 aircrafts, out of which 63 are Airbus and the remaining are Embraer and ATR aircrafts.
Services and Amenities
To be able to win consecutive awards in Airline hospitality, an airline should offer class-apart services on-board which is exactly what TAP Portugal believes in. Not only timely arrivals and departures and huge fleet size, but here are some of the amenities that the airline has to offer:
- World-class chefs conjure the in-flight menus offering not only global cuisines but also Portuguese exotic dishes.
- Breakfast, buffet lunch, snacks and an array of Wines and other beverages in Business class.
- A full-course meal including hot meal, cold meal, Snacks and Wine in Economy class.
- A comprehensive and entertaining in-flight magazine called ‘Up’ which gives you the best of Portugal and the world.
- On-Air Wi-Fi across all classes and flights.
- Lie-flat beds in Business class depending on which route you take.
- Personal entertainment on-seat with an array of television shows and movies to choose from.
For Business class TAP Portugal allows you to carry 2 pieces of cabin-baggage, each not exceeding 8kgs.
However for Economy class, it allows you to carry 1 piece of cabin-baggage not exceeding 8kgs.
Check-in Baggage: -
For Business/Executive class, one piece of luggage not exceeding 32kgs. This allowance is also applicable for Economy class for flights going to and fro Brazil. On all other routes, the check-in baggage allowance for Economy class is 23kgs.