Flights To Fort Myers (FMY)
When you on Fort Myers, make sure you are updated with the weather condition. Rest be assured because the area is always bustling with lot of attractions, things to do, natural beauty and mixing up with culture. All you need to do is just get your bags ready and book yourself the cheapest flight available to Fort Myers at Cheapflightsfares.
About Fort Myers
A major gateway to southwest Florida region and one of most talked about tourist destination within Florida, is a paradise for sun and beach lovers, sports fans, history buffs, inspiring minds, nature – wildlife lovers and for those who want to spend a quite vacation.
Let’s make things a little simpler for you so that you don’t have to look for the major attractions in Fort Myers everywhere:
- Southwest Florida Museum of History: Perfect for a rainy day and summer afternoon, this museum is located on Atlantic Coastline Railroad depot. Apart from learning about the people from Florida, you get to see the 83-foot private Pullman rail car, which serves as the reminder of the luxury transportation.
- Sanibel Lighthouse and Fishing Pier: Established in 1884, this lighthouse is one of the most photographed site of the world and is still in its operation. Explore the lighthouse grounds and the beach area, while take a look at the beautiful mangroves and drift wood.
- Captiva Cruises: It’s is not just a cruise. It is beautiful and rich in history from Cabbage Key and Useppa to Boca Grande and Cayo Costa.
- Baseball Spring Training: So if you are a sports fan, then get to Fort Myers Baseball Spring Training in February and catch some homegrown talents live.
- JN Ding Darling National Wildlife Refuge: This wildlife refuge has more than 6,000 acres of South Florida's wildest wetlands, white beaches and mangrove forest. The place has got about more than 250 species of migratory birds that the visitors can enjoy.
- Sanibel Island Beaches: Now this is lot more exciting than just being any other beach, for it is renowned for its shell filled shores and is one of the most exciting sited of the world.
- Lee County Mantee Park: This is no zoo or aquarium for Manatees. The best time to be visiting this open park is between November and March. For those who want to explore the waters on their own, rent a kayak or a canoe.
When to Visit
One of the best times to visit Fort Myers is between March and May. The city enjoys spring and summer season, which makes touring in the city a joy.
Southwest Florida International Airport is the major airport located 14 miles away from the city center of Fort Myers
Know more about Fort Myers
One thing that attracts visitors to Fort Myers from around the world is that they can eat, sleep and breathe sports – and is known as Sports Paradise. We will not ruin the fun for you because you got to catch it live there.