About Aer Lingus (El) Flights
Founded on 15 April 1936, Aer Lingus is the second-largest and the proud flag carrier airline of Ireland. With its headquarters in Dublin, the airline was initially founded by the government of Ireland and was later taken on by International Airlines Group (IAG). Prior to the airlines takeover by IAG, Aer Lingus used to be a part of the international airline alliance OneWorld. However, post its privatization, it is speculated the airline might rejoin the alliance.
Aer Lingus boasts of a fleet size of 47 aircrafts, and its flights cater to a total of 92 destinations in 24 countries. The airline also flies to 100 additional destinations by the virtue of its interline and code sharing agreements with United Airlines, Air Canada, JetBlue, British Airways, Flybe and Etihad Airways.
You can find Aer Lingus deals for destinations like Dublin, Knock, Shannon, Cork, Frankfurt, Madrid, Manchester, London, Rome, etc. The airline maintains three operating bases at Belfast-City, Cork and Shannon.
Services and Amenities
An Aer Lingus reservation will get you the following amenities and services –
On the routes of Europe, North Africa and Asia Minor:
- 29-30 inches of seat pitch.
- Food and drinks are available on chargeable basis.
On the routes of North America and Europe –
- 32 inches of seat pitch in economy class and flat beds in business class.
- Complimentary meals and non-alcoholic beverages in both the classes.
- Personal video screens with Video on Demand in both the classes.
- KidZone – An area specifically designed for kids featuring a variety of games, animated movies, music and TV shows.
- Universal power ports in both the classes.
- Internet access with Wi-Fi. Wi-Fi is available for free to the business class passengers and is available on chargeable basis in economy class.
Aer Lingus permits each of its passengers to take one carry-on bag alongside one personal item like a briefcase or a purse which must adhere to the following requirements:
- The dimensions of the bag must not exceed 21.5 x 15.5 x 9.5 inches.
- The weight of the bag must not exceed 22 lbs.
- The dimensions of the personal item must not exceed 10 x 13 x 8 inches.
Checked Baggage Allowance:
In economy class, passengers can check-in 1 piece of baggage free of charge in case of flying low fare and 2 bags if case of flex fare. Business class passengers can check up to 3 bags free of cost. The baggage must adhere to the following requirements:
- The weight of the bags cannot exceed 50 lbs.
- The dimensions of the first checked bag cannot exceed 62 inches.
- The dimensions of the subsequent checked bags cannot exceed 55 inches.