About British Airways (BA) Flights
British Airways, founded on 31 March 1974, is the flag carrier airline of United Kingdom. It is also the largest airline company in the UK in terms of fleet size and the second-largest in terms of number of passengers carried.
British Airways is headquartered in Waterside, Harmondsworth, England. It maintains two hubs in London at Heathrow Airport and Gatwick Airport. It is one of the founding members of the international airline alliance, Oneworld.
Connectivity and Fleet Size
British Airways offers flight deals to more than 180 destinations in the world and is one of the few airlines to fly to all the 6 inhabited continents. You can find British Airways tickets to destinations like Liverpool, Glasgow, Birmingham, Manchester, Abu Dhabi, Bangkok, New York City, Prague, Rio de Janeiro, Saint Petersburg, etc.
The airline presently boasts of a fleet size of 268 aircrafts.
Services and Amenities
A British Airways Reservation will get you the following amenities and services –
- British Airways offers a variety of movies, games and music to choose from.
- The seats are designed to offer utmost comfort offering ample space for legroom and superior reclining features.
- Meals and snacks are prepared by top chefs and an array of products are offered for you to choose from. Ranging from pastas to salads and much more along with an exotic range of wine.
- Reading buffs can enjoy the in-flight magazine offered by the airline High Life.
- The airline also offers an onboard shop offering a wide range of products such as watches, jewelries, etc.
The following allowance is for all the flight routes except for flights from/to Kenya, Brazil, Nigeria, Ghana, Sierra Leone and connecting flights between India and USA/Canada/Bermuda:
- Passengers traveling UK Domestic, World Traveler, Euro Traveler (Economy) can transport up to 1 checked baggage fee-free. The weight must not exceed 51 lbs.
- Passengers traveling UK Domestic, World Traveler, Euro Traveler (full-fare Economy) can transport up to 2 checked baggage fee-free. The weight must not exceed 51 lbs.
- Passengers traveling World Traveler Plus (Premium Economy) can check-in up to 2 bags fee-free not exceeding 51 lbs.
- Passengers traveling Club Europe (Business) can check-in up to 2 bags fee-free not exceeding 70 lbs.
- Passengers traveling First Club World (Business) can check-in up to 3 bags fee-free not exceeding 70 lbs.
- Any of the bags must not exceed the dimensions of (35.5 x 29.5 x 16) inches including wheels, pockets and handle.