About Philippine Airlines (PR) Flights
Philippine Airlines is the flag carrier airline of Philippines. The airline was originally founded on November 14, 1935 as Philippine Aerial Taxi Company and it was on February 26, 1941, that it converted its name to Philippine Airlines after being acquired by a group of leading industrialists. It is the oldest commercial air carrier in Asia still operating under its original name.
Headquartered in Pasay City, Philippine Airlines operates flights from its primary hub at Ninoy Aquino International Airport. It also maintains two secondary hubs at Mactan-Cebu International Airport and Clark International Airport.
Philippine Airlines is owned by PAL Holdings, Inc. and its frequent flyer program is called Mabuhay Miles.
Connectivity and Fleet Size
Philippine Airlines offers flight deals to a total of 53 domestic and international destinations spanning across East Asia, Southeast Asia, Middle East, Europe, Oceania and North America.
You can find Philippine Airline tickets to destinations like Bislig, Davao, Mamburao, Puerto Princesa, Singapore, Bangkok, Dubai, Las Vegas, Hong Kong, Sydney, etc.
Philippine Airlines presently boasts of having 54 aircrafts in its fleet.
Services and Amenities
A Philippine Airlines reservation will get you the following amenities and services –
- Access to high speed internet with onboard Wi-Fi. Passengers can make use of the facility to make calls, receive or send messages, email, Tweet or simply browse the web.
- Passengers are provided with amenity kits which feature ear plugs, eye shades and a lot more on the long-route flights.
- Passengers can keep themselves engrossed with the airline’s in-flight entertainment units offering a variety of movies, music, TV series and games.
- Food offered on-board include a selection of specially prepared meals and a range of beverages.
- Shoppers will have a great time with the duty free shop on-board. The prices are much less than that on the ground and the products are delivered to your seat.
Passengers are allowed to carry one bag along with one personal item such as laptop, handbag, overcoat, etc. which must adhere to the following requirements:
- The dimensions of the carry-on baggage must not exceed 45 inches.
- The weight of the carry-on baggage must not exceed 15 lbs.
- All the baggage must fit in the overhead bin or below the seat in front of you.
Checked Baggage Allowance:
To/from the USA, Canada, and Guam: Piece System
- A maximum of two bags allowed.
- The maximum dimensions of each of the baggage must not exceed 62 linear inches.
- The maximum weight of each of the baggage must not exceed 50 lbs.
To/from Hawaii: Piece System
- A maximum of 2 bags allowed.
- The dimensions of each of the baggage must not exceed 62 inches.
The weight of each of the baggage must not exceed 70 lbs.