About Garuda Indonesia (GA) Flights
Garuda Indonesia is the national air carrier of Indonesia. Founded on 1 August 1947, Garuda Indonesia flights commenced operations on 26 January 1949. The airline was originally established as KLM Interinsulair Bedrijf and by the time it began its operations, the airline had changed its name to Garuda Indonesia. It is based on the holy bird that appears in Hindu and Buddhist mythology and the national emblem of Indonesia, Garuda.
Garuda Indonesia is headquartered in Soekarno?Hatta International Airport and presently maintains six hubs at Kualanamu International Airport, Ngurah Rai International Airport, Soekarno?Hatta International Airport, Sultan Hasanuddin International Airport, Juanda International Airport and Sultan Aji Muhammad Sulaiman Airport.
Connectivity and Fleet Size
A 5-star rated airline form Skytrax, Garuda offers flight deals to a total of 133 destinations (60 domestic and 73 international) in 14 countries across Asia, Australia and Europe.
Some of the major destinations Garuda offers air tickets to include Berau, Gorontalo, Jakarta, Malang, Bangkok, Amsterdam, Rome, Manila, Tokyo, Sydney, etc.
Garuda Indonesia presently boasts of a fleet size of 143 aircrafts. It is a member of international airline alliance SkyTeam.
Services and Amenities
A Garuda Indonesia reservation will get you the following amenities ?
- The First Class passengers are given a palatial experience even before boarding the plane with a limousine pick up, access to VIP lounges complete with massages, bar, meals and cigar rooms.
- The seats in the First Class cabin are based on a 1-2-1 configuration that are ergonomically designed and could be converted into fully flat beds.
- The First Class cabin also features facilities like electronic controls, internet access, 24 inches AVOD video screens, personal wardrobes, room dividers, toiletries, space for storage and much more.
- Seats in Executive Class feature superior reclining and could be converted into fully flat beds. Passengers are also offered 42 inches of seat pitch, adjustable headrests, power ports and reading lamps.
- In Economy Class, the seats are designed ergonomically offering the best of comfort and legroom of 30-35 inches is provided. All the seats are equipped with 9 inches video screens.
- With Garuda?s personal AVOD system, passengers can choose from 25 music channels, 60 films, 9 radio channels and over 50 TV programs.
- Garuda also offers its passengers Immigration on board (IOB) service. Passengers traveling on a few long route flights are offered the convenience of completing their immigration process onboard thus helping them to avoid long queues at the immigration counters.
- Items that are carried fee free are subjected to traveler?s own responsibility. These items are not labeled.
- Items carried as cabin baggage are labeled and must be suitable to be carried in the passenger cabin.
- The dimensions of the cabin baggage must not exceed 22X14X9 inches (length X width X depth).
- The weight of the baggage must not exceed 15 lbs.
- All the baggage is labeled.
- Each of the baggage must not exceed 70 lbs.