About AirAsia (AK) Flights
AirAsia Berhad is a low-cost Malaysian airline company. It is the largest air carrier in the country in terms of fleet size and the number of destinations served. It is also the largest low-cost airline in Asia by the number of passengers carried. Founded on 20 December 1993, AirAsia flights commenced operations on 16 November 1996.
AirAisa is headquartered at Selangor with its primary base at the Kuala Lumpur International Airport. It also maintains 5 secondary hubs at Kota Kinabalu International Airport, Penang International Airport, Kuching International Airport, Senai International Airport and Langkawi International Airport.
AirAsia is regarded as one of the most cost-efficient airlines in the world having the world?s lowest unit cost per available seat kilometer. It has been dubbed as a pioneer of low-cost traveling in Asia.
AirAsia has also been consecutively named as the best low-cost airline company in the world for 8 years in international travel and airline awards. Its frequent flyer program is called program BIG Loyalty Programme.
Connectivity and Fleet Size
AirAsia presently offers flight tickets to a total of 165 destinations spread over 25 countries. You can find AirAsia deals to destinations like Kuala Lumpur, Langkawi, Subang, Tawau, Abu Dhabi, Bangalore, Hong Kong, London, Melbourne, Shanghai, etc. At present, AirAsia?s fleet consists of 80 aircrafts.
Services and Amenities
An AirAsia reservation will get you the following amenities:
- AirAsia offers an impressive range of Asian and international delicacies to choose from, both vegetarian and non-vegetarian. No matter what you choose, you’ll have a great dining experience.
- AirAsia takes care of your in-flight entertainment needs with various blockbuster movies, popular TV series, chart-buster music, and hours of gaming.
- Shoppers can indulge themselves in some on-board duty-free shopping and choose from a selection of souvenirs and merchandize from different countries using the X catalogues. You can grab some great bargains on cosmetics, perfumes, jewelry, skincare, confectionary and much more.
- The seats are designed to offer utmost comfort offering superior recline and extra space for legroom.
AirAsia allows its passengers to carry one bag along with one personal item such as a laptop bag, purse or a briefcase. Outer garments and assistive devices are not included under carry-on baggage. All the carry-on baggage must adhere to the following requirements:
- The maximum dimensions of the baggage must not exceed 22 x 14 x 9 inches (length x width x height).
- The maximum weight of the baggage cannot exceed 15 lbs.
- All the carry-on items must fit in the overhead bin or below the seat in front of you.
Checked Baggage Allowance:
Economy Class ?
- Economy Class passengers are not permitted any free checked baggage allowance.
Business Class ?
- The maximum weight of the checked baggage must not exceed 47 lbs.
- The maximum dimensions of the checked baggage must not exceed 62 linear inches (length X width X height).