Booking Tickets Just Got Easier
Search for Cheap Flights
We are searching the best deals for you! Please give us a moment...
Situated in the United States in the Western/ South Western rocky mountain regions, Colorado is a highly popular destination amongst tourists. With a wonderful mix of mountains, rivers, high plains, canyons, forests, lakes and desert lands, Colorado have lots to offer to tourists. Skiing, sailing, hiking, rafting, hunting, rock climbing, hot air balloon rides are just a few of the activities that one can do when in Colorado. If you are interested in seeing and exploring the beautiful sights that Colorado has to offer, please contact Cheapflightsfares for best priced air tickets to Colorado, economical hotel reservations and cheap car rental. In addition, we specialize in arranging fun filled tours and vacation packages for Colorado.
Thus, book a cheap flights to Colorado and explore the scintillating attractions and destinations which absolutely will elate the tourist’s heart and soul on their visit.
Here are some interesting details and facts about Colorado to help you know more about this extensive state before you visit it.
Things to See and Do in Colorado
• Named after the Colorado River, Colorado means tinted red.
• Colorado was declared a state in the year 1876.
• Colorado is often referred to as ‘The Centennial State’, since it was declared a state in the same year in which US was celebrating its centenary of Independence.
• Spread across 269,837 km2 Colorado is one of the most wide-ranging states of the United States; it covers almost 75% of the total US land area.
• Denver is the capital of Colorado.
• Colorado residents are referred to as ‘Coloradans’.
• The state has a population of over 5,268,367.
• Colorado has over 25 ski resorts.
• The state has 4 national parks (Rock Mountain, Mesa Verde, Black Canyon and Great Sand Dunes National Park).
• There are 15 national forests in Colorado.
• The state has over 100 Vineyards.
• Colorado is known for its water bodies; it has 7 major rivers flowing through and over 2000 lakes.
• Grand Mesa which is the biggest flat top mountain across the globe is in Colorado.
• The Great Sand Dunes National Park in the state is home to the largest sand dunes across America.
• The natural hot spring pool located in Glenwood Springs; in Colorado is also the world’s largest natural hot spring pool.
• Of the several lakes in the state, The Grand Lake, located near the Rocky Mountain National Park is Colorado’s largest natural lake.
• The Colorado State Capital building was constructed using rose marble from Beulah; the entire amount of this unusual ‘Beulah red marble’ that was available was apparently used in the construction of this building.
• The US Air Force Academy is based in Colorado.
• The Colfax Avenue Street in Denver is also the continuous longest street of America.
• The world’s biggest livestock show-Rodeo is held in Denver on an annual basis.
• The Royal Gorge Bridge suspended over the Arkansas River, at 1053 feet, is the world’s highest suspension bridge.
• Denver has over 200 parks within the city and additional parkland of over 20,000 acres across the mountain ranges; no other city in the US meets these figures. Thus, it is very advisable to book an ideal flight deal and along with the hotel booking, car, with cheap flights fares making your stay a hassle free and a luxurious one.